Little progress

At last I am ready to assemble the Biscornu pincushion.  I spent all last night struggling with the outlining in stem stitch which I’d thought would have looked nice.   Well, it would have , but I had such problems with the metallic threads.  They kept shedding the metallic bit as I pulled the thread through the fabric.  I tried using beeswax, but that didn’t help.   I tried three differnt threads.  So having pulled out the debris three times, I tried outlining with stranded cotton, and it did not look good, so that came out as well.

It has taken ages to mitre the corners and get both parts into a 4″ square.  I am now thinking that it may not be that easy to get the spacing right, so a lot if tacking stiches will be needed before I stitch ‘for real’.

I can’t account for the little dome in the middle of the right hand one, as I used a hoop throughout.  However it will not matter at all as the two centres will be pulled together with a button or somehing on either side.  It might even look better!

Advertisements

June 1, 2011. Tags: , , , . Embroidery.

Leave a Comment

Be the first to comment!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Trackback URI

%d bloggers like this: