Biscornu assembled

Side 2
The sides were stitched with some matching silk thread which I had from a previous project using the silk taffeta.  I am not sure whether this is it, or if I will decorate the edges.  One of my projects to finish off is another pincushion which needs a cord sen round the edge.  This is not as easy as it sounds, which is why it has been shelved for a couple of years
 
Side 2 has a larger button because I did not have two of the smaller size, and it has a larger area in the middle.  I did think about making dorset buttons, so if I get inspired to do that ata future time, that is also an option.
 
I did have problems seing the buttons on.  I had put mu silk thread away and some cotton was still out from my mending jobs, so I used that.  when i tried to pull the thread tight, it snapped (both strands.  So it was back to the workbox.  The strongest thread i could find was some very ols silk thread, which I think was probably used for button holes.  That did the job beautifully.
 
I hope that people viewing this post will feel inspired to have a go themselves, and learn from my mistakes
 
Advertisements

June 3, 2011. Tags: , , . Embroidery.

Leave a Comment

Be the first to comment!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Trackback URI

%d bloggers like this: