Resolutions update

The piece of Bargello I mentioned in my last post has now been attached to the empty coffee tin, and here it is.  I’m quite pleased with the finished item.





Once I had completed the stitching I decided to have a clearout, and sold some of my canvas and tapestry wool on eBay,  as canvaswork no longer has the appeal for me that it had when I bought them. The proceeds were very pleasing.

The next item I made was a pouch for my diary, as it is a very pale pink, and I don’t want to spoil it.  This was made with fabrics from my stash. The outer fabric is a from a sample book of curtain fabric, and is organza-ish. 



There is bondaweb on the back of the lining fabric, and I really like the effect.  There is enough fabric left to make an evening bag when I feel motivated.


Before Christmas I bought a kit to make an etui.  It consisted of precision cut cards, and instructions.  I didn’t realise until I read the instructions, that the etui is primarily made by glueing.  Not quite what I had anticipated, but acceptable to practice on.  The piece of braid needed to complete it arrived today, and here it is.



I am quite pleased with it, but just a bit worried what will happen along the line, when the glue dries out.  I have had to buy the fabric, and will probably sell the rest on eBay, as I don’t anticipate using the rest.  The braid also had to be purchased and proved difficult to find.  I was looking in the wrong places!  It is chair braid, so not found in haberdashery shops.

There’s not much embroidery at the moment.  I was not well on the day of the last Embroiderers’ Guild meeting, so I am suffering withdrawal symptoms, and a lack of inspiration.

At present I am reducing my stash of knitting wool, by crocheting blocks to make… what?

Crochet blocks



Whatever it is will be colourful, with interesting textures.

For me, January has been successful.  as you will see above.  I have used or disposed of quite a lot of my stash.  The only materials were required for a planned project.

I have also managed to buy my lamp, and I LOVE IT.  I had not realised how yellow the light emitted by energy-saving bulbs can be.  It is good for embroidery, and for reading small print.  Earlier in the month when  i was still working long-and-short stitch on the tablecloth,  I was doing it without a magnifier, and making really quick progress.  I had been wondering whether I need a visit to the optician, but now I realise that the problem was with the lighting.


P.S. the new lamp is has a floodlight effect tube, with a colour temperature of 6500 kelvin, which is equivalent to overcast daylight at midday, so good quality, and not too bright.


January 31, 2013. Tags: , . Bargello, Craft, Crochet.

Leave a Comment

Be the first to comment!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

Trackback URI

%d bloggers like this: